PVN422 - Hidden owner information on my Comet from 1978

yorchie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Opened up my tax disc holder that had MILLER insert inside. Under the insert was written:
RVN422
23/8/78
F.B. Rossiter
Maple Cottage
Arkesden Road
Clavering
Essex
CB114QU

I did a quick search and looks like the address is a business. Sent an email enquiry to Essex Chamber of Commerce also.

Was wondering if this person was in VOC or if PVN422 (or maybe RVN422) is for a 1950 Vincent Comet or it just happened to come off another bike and was installed on the comet. Any way to find out what bike RVN422 was?

Attachments

• millertaxdisc1978-low.jpg
    millertaxdisc1978-low.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 39

Garth Robinson

VOC Member
I think there was a Fred Rossiter who was overseas rep. in the early 70's.I found him to be very helpful,if it's the same gent. He might have been a Yank or Canadian.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I think there was a Fred Rossiter who was overseas rep. in the early 70's.I found him to be very helpful,if it's the same gent. He might have been a Yank or Canadian.

Actually, Fred was VOC Treasurer for a while and lived in Linton, Cambridgeshire. I last met him at Duxford Aircraft Museum during a VOC visit there. Intrestingly he had an NSU-Vincent Fox in his van previously owned by Paul Richardson and some lovely photos of P.R.

yorchie

VOC Member
There is a F. Rossiter in the 2013 Riders List in Cambridgeshire/Cambridge, UK. Got his phone number but do any VOC members know him? perhaps an email address? I do not speak "english" that well.:p

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
A search on the DVLA Vehicle Enquiry page for a Vincent with registration number PVN422 or RVN422 doesn't find anything still listed.

Opened up my tax disc holder that had MILLER insert inside. Under the insert was written:
RVN422
23/8/78
F.B. Rossiter
Maple Cottage
Arkesden Road
Clavering
Essex
CB114QU

I did a quick search and looks like the address is a business. Sent an email enquiry to Essex Chamber of Commerce also.

Was wondering if this person was in VOC or if PVN422 (or maybe RVN422) is for a 1950 Vincent Comet or it just happened to come off another bike and was installed on the comet. Any way to find out what bike RVN422 was?

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
Fred worked in the City and was reposible for the setting up of the Spares Company, the share allocation and all the legal details connected with the share flotation for the Company.

Tim Kirker

VOC Member
There is a F. Rossiter in the 2013 Riders List in Cambridgeshire/Cambridge, UK. Got his phone number but do any VOC members know him? perhaps an email address? I do not speak "english" that well.:p
I'm pretty sure that the current member is the same Fred Rossiter that set up the Spares Company all those years ago. Give him a call , he'd probably love to hear about his old bike. And I seem to recall that he was from your side of the pond, so language may not be a problem.

Tim