Push Rods

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do not know enough about titanium. In general I have stayed away from titanium because it does not seem to have enough bang for the buck. The Vincent single is not prone to floating valves under 8,000 rpm with steel valves and pushrods so it is difficult for me to justify the use of titanium. I know that Lindsay Kyle's Vincent uses Titanium valves but I did not ask him about the reliability or thermal expansion issues.

David

clevtrev

VOC Member
What is wrong with titanium? I have a foot of 8mm but I guess it would take a lot of turning tools
I made some titanium rods years ago. Put them in , the exhaust note sounding nice and crisp, not much overflung weight. Set off for Riders rally at Rousham, arrived with a bag of nails. Push rods were now a lot shorter, adjusted and return back, more clatter, and even shorter. That was 240 miles covered. Moral if you are going to use titanium, you will have to select the right grade. That is Vanadium / Titanium, cost (fifteen years ago) 1/4" dia x 1 metre. £150.00 . For that you WILL need some good turning tools.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I did the same with alloy pushrods, Don't know what type was used, I bought them from a GO FAST dealer and they was made of cheese !! Cheers Bill.