pumping up the prices.

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Wow and I thought I was crazy for paying $90 for an original....It is now to nice to keep on the bike. Any one have a lead on a modern pump that works, looks ok and fits in the luggs that I can get in the USA?

Thanks,
Eric

clevtrev

VOC Member
Wow and I thought I was crazy for paying $90 for an original....It is now to nice to keep on the bike. Any one have a lead on a modern pump that works, looks ok and fits in the luggs that I can get in the USA?

Thanks,
Eric
You wait till it drops off on a bumpy road, and you don`t notice. :) `til you get home.

b'knighted

VOC Member
A cheap replica pump can be prevented from dropping off by drilling/tapping the handle just clear of the body when fitted. Inserting a screw stops the pump from being compressed to remove from the clips. The handle is then rotated so that the screw is towards the middle of the bike.
You wouldn't want to do this if you'd just paid £361 for the pump.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member

Thanks,
Eric
see my earlier post on this thread.........

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
A "Jubilee" clip around the pump body and lightly tightened keeps the pump between the tank clips. My apple-cheeked old Granny used to say;" There are two sorts of people in the world, those who use things and value people and those for whom the reverse is true." I think the latter preponderate where Vincent parts are sold nowadays.

Last edited:

Ducdude

VOC Member
A "Jubilee" clip around the pump body and lightly tightened keeps the pump between the tank clips.

I am guessing that you apply the clamp around the pump and snugged up against the spring loaded handle to hold it there..? Best used on a low cost replacement and not your £361 pump..LOL

Cheers,
Eric