Problem with this forum?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Must admit I thought folk have had too much aggression of late although I've been in search for information on how I can make a fly wheel assembly from a Comet with three connecting rods on the same plain with out making it wider as I want to make a three cylinder engine as someone did a photoshop version a while ago, I do have the machinery to do it with a fine precision turntable and will involve a lot of welding but I have sufficient aluminium billet and six spare Comet engines.
Any clever people out there !! ??

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've had the same, slow to respond and few posts.

On another subject in an effort to make my bike more to my liking I have made and fitted along single seat. On Friday overtaking a car at about 70mph I hit a bump so severe it bottomed out front and back nearly having me off, I managed to get away with just the seat putting a dent in the back mudguard don't know what would have happened with standard suspension, I have the full modified set up on the front and an AVO coil-over on the back.

P1010065.JPG

Michael Vane-Hunt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I hit a few hard bumps with my Rapide and when trying to remove the Avo rear monoshock the top pin was quite badly bent. I replaced both top and bottom pins with grade eight bolts and double nutted them so as to leave a little end float.