Primary Chain

Dinny

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've checked for marking but sorry I canno see any. It's good that the club are going to stock them, hopefully they will do more A parts in the future.

Mark

vibrac

VOC Member
I've checked for marking but sorry I canno see any. It's good that the club are going to stock them, hopefully they will do more A parts in the future.

Mark
It's difficult to make small batches of items economically even using modern techniques. It takes a lot of organisation time to find a supplier at the right price and quality. That's where gifted individuals can make a difference if they plan to get a few items done it's worth speaking to the spares company perhaps they could help reduce the costs by adding a spares order to the batch size and assist in other ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

nkt267

VOC Member
It's difficult to make small batches of items economically even using modern techniques. It takes a lot of organisation time to find a supplier at the right price and quality. That's where gifted individuals can make a difference if they plan to get a few items done it's worth speaking to the spares company perhaps they could help reduce the costs by adding a spares order to the batch size and assist in other ways.
I also own a 1932 Sunbeam..our club has about 400 registered members world wide and we know there are many more about..We have many diverse models from 1914 to 1939. We are trying to build a reasonable spares scheme but the logistics are difficult,so I for one appreciate the luxury we have in getting most postwar Vincent spares off the shelf. Maybe Series A owners could send lists of what they need to the spares company so that a better picture could be got of the most likely parts that are 'fast movers',the Marston Owners club and register did this and the spares scheme is now being expanded..John

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Prewar twins and singles use the same chain 3/8 pitch duplex. I am not sure how many pitches as I have messed with sprocket sizes in the primaries of both of mine.

vibrac

VOC Member
In my rambling into Albion boxes when building my flash I noted many of the clutches were duplex I toyed with the idea of using a twin sprocket but only two rows of its teeth but in the end I decided the clutch was the weak link in the Albion box and fitted a newby belt and clutch I did wonder if it had been done pre belt days