Price Reductions

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The world price of metals in general has collapsed over the last few months to around half to two-thirds of their previous worth, in particular stainless and aluminium. The cost of energy and transport has dropped likewise. Therefore, can we assume prices for new Vincent spares - from our favourite suppliers - will be falling rapidly soon? :)

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

clevtrev

VOC Member
The world price of metals in general has collapsed over the last few months to around half to two-thirds of their previous worth, in particular stainless and aluminium. The cost of energy and transport has dropped likewise. Therefore, can we assume prices for new Vincent spares - from our favourite suppliers - will be falling rapidly soon? :)

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
You had better tell my material suppliers.

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
Falling metal prices

Falling metal prices are the least of the Spares Company problems , like a new MD. The quality of spares and even the availabilty of metric shims is only symptomatic of the problem . We have been told in MPH that quality is being taken as the most serious concern. Pity the poor people in the Velo O C. They have to rely on the same major supplier. KBT

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
falling metal prices

The cost of materials will never affect the retail prices of parts-doesnt matter which marque. We are a good crop for the producers! Quality costs thats maybe to do with why I was turned down last time for the spares job. Roy.

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Falling metal prices.

I have just spoken to our main supplier of stainless parts who confirmed the following:

The price of cutting oil has increased from £42 (last year) to £55.

The Courier charge to deliver a 12-tonne load of stainless bar has increased from £24 to £45.

The price of round bar is now £4.80 per KG, down £0.20 on last year (wow).

The cost to power and heat his unit has gone up by £17 per week.

His prices to me have gone up about £0.15 per unit (not a lot I know) but that is £30 up on a batch of 200 3/8” BSF nuts.

Sorry but our prices will not be going down, if anything I will be forced to put some prices up.

Russ

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Old Iron

The world price of metals in general has collapsed over the last few months

The price of new metal may have dropped but old iron is certainly still fetching a good price. 2 grand for a rfm is a bit suprising ....ebay 260352449270