T: Fuel Tank Price of Repro Vincent Petrol Tanks

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My personal experience was a little different.

Front mounts are a bit too far apart. There is a piece welded on the back that looks odd. When I questioned the seller, he said the EBay listing photos clearly show that piece.… which it did …on both sides. My tank only had one side done.
I inquired in a polite manner, but he seemed offended.

0346FB06-D702-417F-A16F-2B59280FCC4A.jpeg

8E431DF3-4D55-40E4-9BCB-A7ABCF08BCAB.jpeg

Jim Bush

VOC Member
My personal experience was a little different.

Front mounts are a bit too far apart. There is a piece welded on the back that looks odd. When I questioned the seller, he said the EBay listing photos clearly show that piece.… which it did …on both sides. My tank only had one side done.
I inquired in a polite manner, but he seemed offended.

That looks like another manfacter - the underside is different, doesn't have the shaped areas that look like the original. Those add on's are really sad. What is the inside like? clean bare metal?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 13

Cyborg

VOC Member
That looks like another manfacter - the underside is different, doesn't have the shaped areas that look like the original. Those add on's are really sad. What is the inside like? clean bare metal?
The strange thing is, it came from 24/7 Vintage. The inside is coated with what appears to be whatever paint is on the outside. I would have preferred bare metal. I’ll need to strip the inside prior to welding and then re-line the inside if necessary.