Prewar Lucas Magneto

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone help me?? No not that.

My series A Twin has a Lucas mag/dyno that uses a 3 dimple type pick up, the one with a screw that goes under the carbon brush and spring and has a point which penetrates into the high tension lead. I need one and would buy up to 4 if I could find them.

Independent Ignition has no stock and here is the kicker ------ Dave Lindsley won't even tell me if they have any as they DO NOT TRADE WITH ANYONE IN AMERICA!!!!!! If we do says she we put our whole business at risk. I asked if she would just tell me if they had such a part and I would get it delivered to one of my UK friends. No sir -- if we know a part is going to America we will not sell it. I did point out that this was Canada and a British Commonwealth country and that we were not the USA, but she replied well people do treat you as the same country.

So if anyone has one of these they would like to sell --- or tell me who Pi*&%d in Lidsley's corn flakes ----

Robert

Howard

VOC Member
This is stange. We don't hear many bad comments about Dave Lindsley. Does anyone know him well enough to ask for an explanation? Just reading between the lines it looks like they may have a marketing agreement which stops them selling to the USA, but I'd have expected them to pass on the name of the USA agent if that was the case.

As Robert says, it sounds like someone's upset him.

H

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
There may be some in dear old Blighty that haven't gotten over the First Tea party.That was about marketing agreements too!

nkt267

VOC Member
This may be a legal thing based around 'fit for purpose', or 'who can I sue if things go wrong'.
I'm sure I heard from a parts supplier that he'd had trouble supplying parts to the States, and the legal problems that could arise. John