• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Pre-War Miller?

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Does anyone know what this Miller generator is off. It is a Type DH3 but I can't seem to find any info about it. It came with a bunch of Vincent parts but clearly not a post war item.20190404_173221.jpg20190404_173316.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have one too, I think it's for AJS or Matchless, I had it on my Comet for some years, Running a Coil ign',
Only problem, It's too heavy, And 6v, I was lucky once, I had a Coil fail on the way to IOM, But a Motorcycle stopped and took me to a VW dealer, They also ran 6v on old VW's. Cheers Bill.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Cor, well done Martyn! I note from one of the diagrams that it is dated 12-11-46.

Now then, can you also produce a translation to English from your magician's hat? ;)

Peter B

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am rubbish with electrics, But remember something like the regulator didn't work, When it was fitted to my Comet, So I wired up a Ballast resistor between a few wires, And it worked !!.
Cheers Bill.