Pre-war Australian Vincent Dealer

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have just purchased what appears to be a 1930s Vincent sales brochure from Green's Motorcycles of Melbourne. They advertise that they are the sole importer of Vincent HRD motorcycles in Australia. Can anyone out there shed any light on this company as they appear to have had nothing to do with post war Vincents.:confused:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Hrd

GREEN'S MOTORCYCLES 316 ELIZABETH Str. MELBOURNE VIC they were sole agent for Vincent HRD in 1936 they ordered 3 Meteors and 1 Comet and no more orders came from them.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Bill Green

I have just been informed by Paul Wilkins he wrote the book (vincent HRD story south australia) that Bill Green owner of Greens motor cycles had the comet made to race standard and was race in south australia by Lloyd Potts they all so had another made to a race bike and was raced by Victoria Norm Osborne there are 5 good pictures of these in Pauls book.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
series A

I have just come of the phone from a guy who has the best records of Vincent HRD down under Brian Greenfield his book The Vincent HRD in Australia,, the race Comet with Lloyd Potts eng C383 Frame D1189 the other bikes imported by Greens M536 D1193 M534 D1188 M384 D1187 and the last M537 D1199 sold to a W. Brown he just rang me to say he has a picture of Norm Osborne on a super charged bike STT29 and a Leo Tobin on TTC122

Last edited: