PR: Proprietary Items PR27--Can you still buy a "correct" 1-piece Rear Number Plate?

Mark Stephenson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have a '50 Rapide (2501) and would like to replace my repro 2-piece rear number plate--anyone know if the VOC Spares offering is that? Thx Mark

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
I have a '50 Rapide (2501) and would like to replace my repro 2-piece rear number plate--anyone know if the VOC Spares offering is that? Thx Mark
I got this one from eBay not to long ago very good condition have seen a few over time some needing a little work The one on my Rapide I got as new old stock for an Excelcior if my memory is correct The hole for the tailight was smaller but easy fixed

Attachments

• 533624BA-1628-4AAF-92AD-BF9215638E3F.jpeg
    533624BA-1628-4AAF-92AD-BF9215638E3F.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 43

vibrac

VOC Member
I got this one from eBay not to long ago very good condition have seen a few over time some needing a little work The one on my Rapide I got as new old stock for an Excelcior if my memory is correct The hole for the tailight was smaller but easy fixed
Is there something wrong with this from the Spares Co?
Once painted or bought painted it just needs a sign writer or what we all did by 1960 stick numbers on and lacquer them in.
1610965820468.png

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
The Spares Company offering maybe perfect, but you cannot see from the photos that you show whether they are a one piece pressing or constructed of two parts welded together, I think Mark only wants a one piece pressing as per original, or were the two piece variety ever supplied as original anyway?