pr22: wanted ignition drawing (Comet 1954)

• Thread starter charlottevictoria
  • Start date
C

charlottevictoria

Dear all,

I have found, where the peace of metal came from. It is a part of the ignition. Where can I see the PR22 spare parts printed? I want to see, which part(s) I have to buy. PR22 has no pictures in the spare parts catalogue. I would like to buy the pinion compete with the conus and the adjustment of the timing. Does anybody know the correct No.?

Is ist alternatively possible to attatch a manual change of the ignition point of time? Which are the spare part numbers to order? Where the wire comes out?

Thanks very much
best regards
Peter

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Peter, I am not sure that I have understood exactly which part is damaged but it sounds as though it might be the Automatic Timing Device (ATD) or the pinion to which it fits. If that is correct then look in MPH classified advertisements and you will see that Roy Price, Price Productions, 14 Heron Court, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 1TH Tel + (0) 1480 473225 makes new ones and repairs old ones. If it is just the pinion then possibly Roy can supply the whole assembly or the Spares Co or Russell Kemp can probably provide a new pinion. Conversion to manual advance and retard is possible but I do not know who would be able to provide the parts that you would need.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As Peter is a non member he may not have access to MPH but hopefully can use the info you posted to make contact. Hopefully he may see the benefits of membership and join.

C

charlottevictoria

I have joined for many years, but all vincent activities are too far away, as the Germans only concentrate to Nieterwetz.

C

charlottevictoria

thank you very much - that is it what is damaged. I am shore your information will be very helpful for me!

Best regards
Peter