PR: Proprietary Items PR18/1/C Headlamp Rim

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Whose reproduction rim? Is it the US style sealed beam rim? If so, and if it has the Miller logo (not actually stamped, but raised), it would be quite a news story, they’ve been unobtainable almost forever.

vibrac

VOC Member
I hope Banana man sees this as I think he said he just bought one NEW with a miller dent in it for a 8" headlamp.....

highbury731

VOC Member
I have seen repro Miller rims at the regular jumble sales at Kempton Park, London. My memory says that they have Miller logos embossed in them.
Paul

Bobv07662

VOC Member
The HL rim I'm looking for is for a British home market bike. I believe they are referred to as a 7 inch lamp, not the one for a US head lamp.
I think the rims seen by highbury731 are the ones I need. Any suggestions for contacting one of those vendors?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
As Vibrac said, I bought a complete 8" headlamp (all chromed) minus amp meter & switch for £65 Indian re-pop of cause with the Miller embossing. on rechecking he has been withdrawn from e-bay so no link sorry.
bananaman.

highbury731

VOC Member
The vendor I spotted was German, someone who regularly goes to Kempton. I could ask around if anyone I know can remember who he is. Kempton jumble was held a couple of weeks ago, so the next one will be about 3 months off.
I was hoping to get a mounting latch for a Miller rim, but he just had complete units. It is intended for a Lucas split rim, so I can mount a regular 7" reflector in the Miller shell.
Paul

Comet Rider

VOC Member
The vendor I spotted was German, someone who regularly goes to Kempton. I could ask around if anyone I know can remember who he is. Kempton jumble was held a couple of weeks ago, so the next one will be about 3 months off.
I was hoping to get a mounting latch for a Miller rim, but he just had complete units. It is intended for a Lucas split rim, so I can mount a regular 7" reflector in the Miller shell.
Paul
Paul,
Try Andy Davenport for the toggle latch, that's where I got mine

Neil

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
The HL rim I'm looking for is for a British home market bike. I believe they are referred to as a 7 inch lamp, not the one for a US head lamp.
I think the rims seen by highbury731 are the ones I need. Any suggestions for contacting one of those vendors?

The VOC Spares Co have both rim PR18/1/C stamped MILLER in a diamond and clip PR18C in stock.