Misc: Everything Else Post-rebuild help required

TSK68

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Afternoon all

I've become custodian of my Father's motorcycles since he was admitted to a care home earlier this year.

I'm no newcomer to motorcycles but I'm not at all familiar with the Vincent V-Twin.

I'm currently in the process of finishing off a rebuild on a 1947 Rapide. I've bought quite a few books and am avidly researching as much as time allows.

The situation has become significantly more urgent since my Dad passed away two days ago (August 7th). I'd like to ride the Rapide behind his funeral cortege, as I feel it would be a fitting tribute to him. His funeral is on 21st August.

The bike is almost complete. I'm just looking for someone of knowledge to given it the once-over before I attempt to fire her up. As I have said, this was supposed to be an ongoing project but time now isn't on my side.

Thanking you in advance

Tim

Last edited:

rogerphilip

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Afternoon all

I've become custodian of my Father's motorcycles since he was admitted to a care home earlier this year.

I'm no newcomer to motorcycles but I'm not at all familiar with the Vincent V-Twin.

I'm currently in the process of finishing off a rebuild on a 1947 Rapide. I've bought quite a few books and am avidly researching as much as time allows.

The situation has become significantly more urgent since my Dad passed away two days ago (August 7th). I'd like to ride the Rapide behind his funeral cortege, as I feel it would be a fitting tribute to him. His funeral is on 21st August.

The bike is almost complete. I'm just looking for someone of knowledge to given it the once-over before I attempt to fire her up. As I have said, this was supposed to be an ongoing project but time now isn't on my side.

Thanking you in advance

Tim

PS I'm based in South Shropshire but have van and prepared to travel
Its years since i worked on a Vincent, but if you are really stuck I may be of some help, more so because I live in Worc's 10 miles from Tenbury Wells
Regards Roger