ET: Engine (Twin) Post rebuild advice

TSK68

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Afternoon All

I'm on the verge of firing up my Dad's rebuilt Series B Rapide - it was renovated some time ago and I'm not sure by who - but I would really appreciate some advice before attempting to start it.

I acquired the bike from my Dad as he's now in a care home.

I'm a newcomer to the marque and know very little about them, so would like to ensure I get it right, as I'd rather not have a big, expensive mistake.

Thanks in advance

**based in South Shropshire

Tim

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 11.46.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 11.46.18.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

vibrac

VOC Member
Looking for something a little more detailed than which oil I should be using ...
The link was in post #4 I hope webmaster has it in the archives
but basically its stuffing oil in the crankshaft hole and the filter hole in the timing cover pouring some down the push rod tubes and then running engine* with the plugs out till oil dribbles out of the block below the filler cap
I assume you have drained the sump and changed the oil
*If you havent got rollers thats a lot of kicking.....

TSK68

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Ah, thanks. Now I see it. Wowsers. Some information there!

I will be draining the oil from the sump and replacing it, yes. I can almost hear my Father words now. :)

Firing one up is quite a daunting task for someone with little knowledge of the Vincent V twin.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Ah, thanks. Now I see it. Wowsers. Some information there!

I will be draining the oil from the sump and replacing it, yes. I can almost hear my Father words now. :)

Firing one up is quite a daunting task for someone with little knowledge of the Vincent V twin.
see know thy beast. appendix VII page268 for the information on starting up A rebuilt engine BY RON KEMP
stumpy lord