Poorish compression and piston leak by

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The forum photos are just too small to be useful for me. The only reason I can see details in the photos of Tina is that I know the bike. This is a photo:

I have never had any luck with getting power from a long exhaust on a Vincent. My guess is that the high tight turn exhaust like Tim is using is the best. It at least gets far enough back quickly enough so that you can have it reasonably short. I am pretty sure Sid uses a shorter low straight pipe like I do at Bonneville.

David

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
At Bonneville it ran a 2 inch pipe of 29 inches . The up pipe makes strong , immediate long sustained torque . Was great on country roads with lots of bends . Way more ground clearance of course . Sid .

vibrac

VOC Member
I have never had any luck with getting power from a long exhaust on a Vincent. My guess is that the high tight turn exhaust like Tim is using is the best. It at least gets far enough back quickly enough so that you can have it reasonably short. I am pretty sure Sid uses a shorter low straight pipe like I do at Bonneville.

David[/QUOTE]

you can see it here second row
filter for HRD
http://www.oldracer.co.uk/gallery.html

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
If anyone wants better photos or earlier ones of the machine in its birthing stages , first beauty pics , send me an E mail . Sid .