• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Political Joke

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
We used to have, in Melbourne, a wonderful Welsh radio presenter called "Evans the Wireless". One of his best tilts at this spurious androgynous language was his use of "personcaster" to supplant "broadcaster".

plasticbeer

VOC Member
A lot of Brits ARE Welsh, or put another way all Welsh are Brits.

Vince Farrell
Anyone who doesn't understand why the people living in this small group of islands described as 'The British Isles' squabble about identity should read this attachment, everything will then become clear - maybe!
Over thousands of years geography, people mobility, invasions, rivalry, and politician's have all conspired to build the system we have finished up with. I'm sure if the job had been started only about 500 years ago it would look a lot simpler now.

Vince Farrell

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/BritainVersusTheUK

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Some quite few years ago (I think 1994) I was travelling about that area of the world and stayed a night at The Halfway Inn (IIRC) a country pub in Wales, somewhere between Aberystwyth and Devils Bridge. After check in and returning to the bar for some refreshment the young Welsh lass asked what part of America I was from, and so told here that whilst I was from Canada which is in North America, I was therefore a Canadian and not generally what was referred to as an American, being someone from the United States of America. Ah says she, that's the same thing isn't it? I then just how she liked being British. Oh my she says, I didn't realize I has offended you so much!!!

plasticbeer

VOC Member
Some quite few years ago (I think 1994) I was travelling about that area of the world and stayed a night at The Halfway Inn (IIRC) a country pub in Wales, somewhere between Aberystwyth and Devils Bridge. After check in and returning to the bar for some refreshment the young Welsh lass asked what part of America I was from, and so told here that whilst I was from Canada which is in North America, I was therefore a Canadian and not generally what was referred to as an American, being someone from the United States of America. Ah says she, that's the same thing isn't it? I then just how she liked being British. Oh my she says, I didn't realize I has offended you so much!!!
If you had told her you were in fact from York, that would have REALLY confused her.

Vince Farrell

highbury731

VOC Member
If you really wanted to annoy the barmaid, you would have asked her how she enjoyed being English. It goes down well with the Scots, too. Allegedly. I haven't had the courage (or should I say stupidity?) to try that one