Polish - I'm a convert....

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Evening All

I'm surprised that this topic hasn't really come up before in a big way, but I have recently received a recommendation, tried it and become a convert.

I have a dozen tubes of Solvol Autosol now looking for a good home.

I was recommended to try "Brilliant" - www.brilliant.biz and bought it at Stafford. I got the "three bottles for £15 deal".

One is for aluminium and stainless.

One is for chrome

One is for hot areas such as chrome exhaust pipes.

It is a liquid in a small metal bottle, use a drop on a clean rag, apply and allow to dry then polish off with a microfibre cloth and buff.

Easy on the elbow, a higher shine polish than I have ever been able to achieve with Solvol and it seems to be easier to maintain with just a buff over with a microfibre even after being out in the rain (yes, contrary to popular belief I do actually get my Vincent wet!).

I throughly recommend you try it and see what you think yourself.

I think they do one for bodywork too. Haven't tried it.

Of course, no link myself to the company or the product - just looking to pass on a tip.

Oh - for Arthur F. - this is the polish I was chatting about on Sunday.

Cheers all,

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
I don't know that specific product but I haven't used Autosol for years as I found much better alternatives , Belgom Alu being one of my favourites.
Autosol is too abrasive , it doesn't protect the metal for long and the shine is not very long lasting.

Albervin

VOC Member
I don't know that specific product but I haven't used Autosol for years as I found much better alternatives , Belgom Alu being one of my favourites.
Autosol is too abrasive , it doesn't protect the metal for long and the shine is not very long lasting.
This is a subject with as many possible threads as a discussion on oil. I used to use Mothers polish but was given a sample of Meguiars metal polish with canuba wax. Certainly gives a good shine with minimum effort & withstands the rain well. Other friends recommend "Purple" but I haven't tried it. Solvol is certainly too abrasive for modern chrome but is OK for removing light rust from shiny metal.
The first person to mention pole dancers has to buy everyone a drink!:rolleyes: