Please help to identify pre-war? brake arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJM

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
I was directed to this forum by a customer. I have what we think might be believes is a pre war Vincent brake arm. No identifying marks, so I have taken close ups of the spline and knurling on the pedal itself to help identify.
All suggestions welcome, thankyou. :)

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 43
  • s-l16002.jpg
    s-l16002.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 45
  • s-l16003.jpg
    s-l16003.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 45

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am no expert on the pre-war bikes but it looks to me as though that is off a bike with the brake arm on the right hand side of the bike. If that is so then it will not be off a HRD/Vincent

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hand change pre War Vincent HRDs and early foot change pre War Vincent HRDs had a right hand foot brake lever, but not like that one, which looks quite more modern.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
It also did not need a spline because the brake drum was on the right and so the lever was L shaped. It was also a very substantial forging.

vibrac

VOC Member
What thread is the clamp bolt hole? My guess it's metric it doesn't look like a pre war product of the British empire that was.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
How does the weld near the splines look in the flesh? To me, it looks like a mod or a repair.

DJM

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I would like to thank you all for your advice. At the moment we are starting to think its custom / modified jap.

Status
Not open for further replies.