Please allow me to introduce myself

peterg

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Howdy Michael,

Wow, groovy machine and story. I've hit opposite ends of the spectrum with my Vin's, extremely time consuming over the top resto on the Red Rap (click link in my sig to view) and then a more expedient rattle-can painted Shadow which now 1,100 miles later after 10/08 purchase as a moldy basket case (pics here) and then started pretty shortly thereafer for the first time in 32 years on 2/07/09, I now admit reluctantly to be more gratifying than spending years making it into a another museum piece while missing out on delightful rides I've experienced thus far. Patina's not a bad thing at all, in fact it's a refined art in the AMCA as you'll note at my site on my 1946 Chief - An Old Painting Retouched -.

E3L's are very durable, it was the lousy mechanical regulators that did them in. As Bruce mentioned, set up it up for controlled ground with a PODtronic, mine has provided years of trouble free service on the Rap.
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=9

lindie

Non-VOC Member
evening. any chance of a pic of the deek for us sicko's with transfer ports for hearts?

Michael

Forum User
VOC Member
DKW Pics

I didn't get a chance to pull it out of the garage to photograph it this weekend (Father's Day and all!) I did poke around to see if I have any old pictures on my hard drive but to no avail. I'll try to take some and post them soon. Although the bike has it's own beauty, next to the Vincent twin it is a very pedestrian bike; no bling at all. The cases are cast iron, muffler's are painted black as a matter of fact, the only piece of chrome on the whole bike are the handlebars! I do like the look of it though.

lindie

Non-VOC Member
i think the only chrome on my little mz is the exhaust and the gauge face and taillight surrounds. pm me a pic when you find time please so the heavies here don't crack a wobbly on off topic/marque related matter. is she still in use?

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
MZ's , did someone mention MZ's :D I have 3 myself , a TS250 Supa 5 , an earlier TS250 and a brand new , unused 1981 TS125 Alpine in a very nice pale blue !! I love MZ's :eek: