Playing with the Big Boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Mike Akatiff sent this yesterday. As our Vincent streamliner is going to run at the Mike Cook Shootout we'll be getting Black Lightning's credentials off to him as soon as possible. He also sent me a list of cars and bikes scheduled to attend the 2013 Shootout. It will undoubtedly be the biggest bunch of fast cars and bikes ever to meet in one place at one event. There are 24 entries so far, a good portion of them are capable of 400+mph runs and the rest are capable of 300+mph runs. All of the big names will be there. I feel humbled and appreciative to be included in this gathering.

Thanks to Mike Cook, Mike Akatiff, and Top 1 Oil for all they're doing to make this a historic and memorable meet.

Max

Shootout 2013 (from Mike Akatiff)

"Brian Leckey has asked me to assemble a portfolio of cars and bikes that are planning to run at the Shootout 2013. Brian has a meeting in Washington D.C. on the 25th of this month to discuss with several of the major cable networks coverage of this year's Shootout which should be a historic event. If you have plans to attend this event I would appreciate it if you could forward information about your car or bike such as a photo or construction photo if not complete, a short description of the vehicle/designer and speed you hope to achieve along with a short bio of the driver/rider. I will pass this on to Brian so he can put it together in a professional presentation."

"Top Oil has agreed to hire a professional P.R. firm to promote the event to a wide variety of media beginning in late May or early June."

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I got a call from Mike Sunday, its a go for 2014, every thing is the same as last year, the liner will attend the, THE WORLD OF SPEED, if all goes well then onto the SHOOTOUT, Don Angel and our buddy Sal will come out to the house and spend as long as it takes to get the liner ready for Bonneville . This will take place sometime in April. The liner needs pistons, the oil system modified , and the clutch seal redesigned. After that a bit of tuning on the dyno. It has made 573 HP in the past, hoping for 500 HP with a lot of staying power. You cant win races if you are not running at the finish!

MAX

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
How about a section for the big boys all double Dutch to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
many years back when I was working, I gave you contribution, I have the certificates to prove it ?

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
many years back when I was working, I gave you contribution, I have the certificates to prove it ?

And David you received a thank you card from Patti my wife and your name was added to the Contributors list on my web sight, your name will be included on the TROPHY that I'm having made for the VINCENT archives.

Thanks Again MAX

rapide049

Non-VOC Member
And David you received a thank you card from Patti my wife and your name was added to the Contributors list on my web sight, your name will be included on the TROPHY that I'm having made for the VINCENT archives.

Thanks Again MAX
The NZ Vincent owners are still waiting for their Thank you Card

Status
Not open for further replies.