Platinum Points

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have been using Tungsten points in my magneto and wanted to return to the original Platinum points. Does anyone sell the Platinum points ? I read through the Lindsey catalogue and there doesn't seem to be a parts match. 470877 I believe. Better yet, are there any stashes of these in the spare parts bin for sale. Thanks for the help. Dan (no i won't use ebay)

Bracker1

VOC Member
Excellent, thanks for the info. Are the threads 4BA or some other size? It's snowing, but the season's not over. Cheers, Dan

tatty500

Non-VOC Member
Bracker1
They have 4BA and 3.5mm on that web page, but not listed is the rivetted on one. It looks like you'd need to mail them your reqirement.
Cheerio,
Tatty

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Have been running tungsten points on the magneto on my Norvin for 33 years and 200,000+ miles. In that time it has used up probably four sets. Seems I don't have too much to complain about.

john998

VOC Member
Hello,
Tungsten points have work for me over the last 46 years. They may help a tired mag limp on a while.
Cannot remember the last time I looked at the points on the solo, if it starts with out difficulty don't poke about down there. John.