Pinks

Vince Farrell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
An advert taken from the original Richardson 'Vincent' book. Do any owners remember this showroom?

Vincent

Attachments

• Pinks.jpg
    Pinks.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes lots, As a young lad often went up and down the rows of Bikes, Thinking which one can I have,
Joke, Had no money !.
We had a west London member worked there, Often saw him leave on his perfect Vin' Outfit, Super sound !.
The name has gone !, That will keep me awake tonight.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Yes indeed Vince, I was born and lived for the first 23 years of my life, approx 1 mile from Pinks of Harrow, like Bill I used to dream also, a far smaller establishment was Wessells of Wealdstone, more of a greasy oily workshop as opposed to a posh showroom, but useful none the less, it was at the bottom of my road, could get there in couple of minutes and normally get anything you would need to keep a bike on the road, as long as it was not Vincent specific, then it was a trip to Goldhawk Road, Shepherds Bush, Conways of course.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Keith Pattendon ??, My spelling is getting worse, If that's possible !.
Funny , He came on here a long while ago.
Peter, If you had come round the corner, I may have served you myself, At Aitchanbee Motorcycles.
Unless I had already gone to MLG, BMW's, Or Conways, Shepherds Bush.
I got about !!.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
What road was Aichandbee motorcycles in, I remember the name, also Hugo Myatt has mentioned them in past when going down memory lane.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Long time ago !, For me, Headstone lane ?, Same road as the Camera Film people and Royal Mail.
John Mockett was a customer, They walked by In the dinner hour.
After I had left, The Shop moved up to Harrow weald.
There was a Café over the road, Where the Lads came with there open Mega's, Good Times.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Ah yes, of course, next door to cafe was a newsagent named Hymans or something like that, did a paper round for him during the winter of 62 or 63, very cold and very heavy snow, I remember a Vincent outside the cafe, I don’t think it was the Royal Mail, it was the HMSO and Kodak.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Which London dealers had the outside alloy painted red or orange? Both sides of the road? My place to visit was Monty and Wards they sold me a 1951 7R AJS all road registered for 50 quid with push bike lights rode it for a year bump started it everywhere. Proper caff racer no chequer tape or studed leathers needed. Those posers down 'the bike shed' make me smile.