pillion ride

johnboy51

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hi my wife has a significant birtday this year starts with 6. Her dad owned a Vincent Rapide years ago. She would dearly love a ride on the back of a Vincent twin.We live in Weybridge Surrey.
Anyone able to offer. I am a member of the other VOC & VMCC.

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi, My wife has a significant birthday this year, starts with 6. Her dad owned a Vincent Rapide years ago. She would dearly love a ride on the back of a Vincent twin. We live in Weybridge Surrey.
Anyone able to offer. I am a member of the other VOC & VMCC.
Dear John,
There are several Vincent Owners Sections in the London area and counties around you. I'm sure that someone will be more that pleased to arrange for a Rapide to visit you. Last year the Coventry Section arranged for a Comet to attend a 60th wedding anniversary party, bringing back happy memories of touring on their own Comet when first married.

Comet

VOC Member
I'm a little surprised no one has volunteered yet. But, it may help if you let people know what date you are looking for John.
Good luck.

Howard

VOC Member
I suspect, the problem isn't a lack of people willing to offer. This post has only got 130 hits from all over the world, so the chance of one of them being a willing Rapide owner within striking distance of Surrey, in working order and not reserved for show only etc etc is not great.
Maybe a change of heading to include Surrey would help to focus attention.

H

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Look no further my handsome always willing to help a maid in need, Looe is a little far but am frequently up in Guildford & Woking or nip round to Old Woking to Harvey's Softners (water that is) and ask brother Harvey for a ride, he's got a couple that are on the road.
bananaman.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I try to be David, but some folks take it the wrong way at times, life is for sharing and after fifty plus years with my "B"Rap still as my main prefered mode of transport, the "A" of cause has been used more in the last couple of years with it being sorted with carrying capacity and full suspension so Christine has a more comfortable ride with reliability, new suspension springs now going on (Petiford's, one standard and one sidecar) it should be on the road again soon. When stationed in Denmark and standing by the building of six new bananaboats it was in every day use traveling to do inspections in Allborg from Frederikshaven 91 to 93 with Wednesday evenings going out with the Genbro Club (old bikers) they would pass my bike around them trying it out while I rode theirs,great fun, then nip over to Sweden to see the Professor and his gang and do regular rallies there and quite often leave a ferry riding a different mount as I met some one on board who'd never seen these legends let alone ride one and they always took the offer of trying it out. Keeping the grin factor going.
bananaman

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
In the UK petrol is so expensive I can understand why there were not many offers? in Australia we call it up them up there selfs