Picadors

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Risada,

Just Google "Vincent Picador engine" and there are many articles and images.

David

vibrac

VOC Member
a good scuba suit a metal detector and the Irish sea is full of them.....

alternatively dryer but less possible

Now Gadaffi has gone A good stomach, a compass, and a water supply and the Lybian desert awaits.....

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Pal of mine , Vaughn Greene owned probably the very last unmolested Picador in the world . Still on its original pallet with test run tags attached it sat for decades under his bench , perfect but very dusty . I arranged for its sale to a lucky fellow who has cleaned it up like new and it's often seen displayed on the net complete with prop . Very impressive . Another fine and unusual piece of machinery from Vincents . Sid .

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
More on the Picador and it's developments effects on racing components , Lightning sustained reliability at high revs . Because of the aircraft s need for sustaining high power at elevated revs during flight it's program of development led to the two speed oil pump drive worm , Vibrac con rods , caged roller bearing big ends , harder steel in flywheels and main shafts , the steel big idler and it's one piece shaft and support pedestal . All of these components lent greater reliability for racing and sprinting activity and were available for sale across the Spares counter , so really improving the motorcycle . All would interchange with touring pieces and most were encorporated into the Black Lightning and Grey Flash . They were offered for sale at George Brown s shop right across the way from the factory . A pal bought me several of these items there during the mid 50s . Sid .

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Picador-Display-Timing.jpg
Someone knows how much "Picadors" was made? Some survived? It has photo?

van Ginneke

Non-VOC Member
Very, very nice, do I see a shaft drive Vincent motorcycle in there ? where there ever any plans in that direction?

Vincent

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Irving had contemplated having the front cylinder lie pointing forwards but road conditions were very poor then , so often muddy in the typical English wet weather . He feared the fins on it would often get mud clogged so poor cooling result . I have this stated in one of his letters sent me . Sid .