photos

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The resolution, the amount of detail captured in the original cannot be easily improved upon and in fact it can only be guessed at. There are 2 ways to copy a print, the first being a good flatbed scanner, the second being a copy station created by placing 2 lights opposite each other, the lights being placed at a 45 degree angle to the object being copied, and opposite each other. The camera is best affixed to a bracket with a lense usually in the 50-85mm focal length, set an aperature usually f5.6-f8.0 to deliver the best optical performance possible. If a piece of glass is placed over the photo to be copied it must be "non-glare"...All of this is more work and not significantly better than a flatbed scanner but does have the advantage of being a setup capable of copying 3 dimensional items.
I use either a Canon F1 film camera with a 50mm macro lense or a Canon t4i digital camera with a 100mm macro lense - fixed focal length lenses delivering better optical quality than zoom lenses.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
The resolution, the amount of detail captured in the original cannot be easily improved upon and in fact it can only be guessed at. There are 2 ways to copy a print, the first being a good flatbed scanner, the second being a copy station created by placing 2 lights opposite each other, the lights being placed at a 45 degree angle to the object being copied, and opposite each other. The camera is best affixed to a bracket with a lense usually in the 50-85mm focal length, set an aperature usually f5.6-f8.0 to deliver the best optical performance possible. If a piece of glass is placed over the photo to be copied it must be "non-glare"...All of this is more work and not significantly better than a flatbed scanner but does have the advantage of being a setup capable of copying 3 dimensional items.
I use either a Canon F1 film camera with a 50mm macro lense or a Canon t4i digital camera with a 100mm macro lense - fixed focal length lenses delivering better optical quality than zoom lenses.

Yes, that is good stuff for copying a print.
Thanks.
Unfortunately "cinquecento" has still declined to tell us the source of that photo.
It may have been a print, it may have been a published document, or it may have been a digital format sent by email or by web access.
We are just guessing so far.
Is it a waste of time repeating my request for the original poster to state the source of this interesting photo?
I think I can guess the answer to my own question.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
here's a photo I just came across to keep you going.
I'm thinking it may be Greece and as itwas tittled Blow out in Nisi, it could be Kato Nisi.
No other credit available. It's new to me but maybe familiar to 'older hands' on the site. i guess even the Reg' may give a bit more back ground, anyonewant to try a DVLA search.

12908462335_553e6762b3_b.jpg
"This image or video is currently unavailable."
Mr Chad says
"WOT NO PHOTO?"

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Vincent, There is no need to do a photo bigger than 1 MB, Anything over 500 KB gives a super big photo, Good Luck, Bill.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
here's a photo I just came across to keep you going.
I'm thinking it may be Greece and as itwas tittled Blow out in Nisi, it could be Kato Nisi.
No other credit available. It's new to me but maybe familiar to 'older hands' on the site. i guess even the Reg' may give a bit more back ground, anyonewant to try a DVLA search.

12908462335_553e6762b3_b.jpg

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member