photos

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The short answer to the 2 questions is I will report on Saturday when I have started it on my pal Brian's starting rollers. An experienced assistant cannot be had before this. Stay tuned! Roy.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Great photo!
What was the source?
Note the all male cast, except for one tiny female between the rear wheel and the chap actually doing the repair work.
Note gravel rash on rear cylinder ex.pipe, and Vokes air filter.
Is that an air horn under front of fuel tank?
No hits on DVLA so far.
But I bet Machine Registrar has info.

If you look over the right shoulder of the presumed fellow doing the work there s a childes face, I cant tell whether the face is male or female.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Roy, did you have to lengthen the frame or did you manage to get the engine, gearbox and exhaust pipes all inside the standard length 'cradle'? When you are read,y a picture of the other side would be interesting.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Hi, T T , all will be revealed at the "pioneer" if you can wait that long, Regards, roy, as I said earlier start-up time is saturday, then I'll know how well, or badly it works, it's my first attempt at a Vin, leave alone a hot-rod one! Reckon I have 2 chances, they are , in the words of the prophet, none or a dogs. Maybe you will wish me well.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Of course I wish you well. It looks a very nice piece of work. I just don't recall ever seeing a Norvin with the exhaust pipes in the same position as yours, which gives a very neat appearance. I look forwards to seeing the bike and you at Dick's barbecue.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
here's a photo I just came across to keep you going.
I'm thinking it may be Greece and as itwas tittled Blow out in Nisi, it could be Kato Nisi.
No other credit available. It's new to me but maybe familiar to 'older hands' on the site. i guess even the Reg' may give a bit more back ground, anyonewant to try a DVLA search.

12908462335_553e6762b3_b.jpg
I have discussed this photo with a friend from the Balkans who has some interesting comments BUT would like to see an even better quality photo before proceeding.
Could this be provided - as I attempted to ask when trying to start a 'Conversation' with cinquecento ?
Could the original be scanned/photographed in greater detail/resolution and then sent to me using email via Graham?

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Still laughing at the kick starter quip :)
Nice toy Roy, I am so pleased I live at the top of a steep hill, if a bike wont start on my hill, it's serious (and a two man push to fix!!)