Photos

ossie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I Have Some Photos Of The V Twin Rally In Purfleet Essex From The 60s But How Do I Get Them On To The Web Site I Do Have A Scanner But Am Restricted By My Computer No How Etc.

If I Can Be Pointed In The Right Direction I Will Sort Out Any More Which Maybe Of Interest.
Ossie

nkt267

VOC Member
I'll tell you how mine works(I have an epson scanner)Open your scanner programme,pop your selected photo in the scanner and using the program buttons scan the picture.You should be asked where you want to save the file,mine has a browse button so that I can select a folder and I usually select My Pictures.You should also be given a chance to name the photo so that you can recognise the pic later on.Once scan is finalised the photo will be saved to your picture files( I have a folder in 'My Pictures' ,which is already set out in Microsoft Windows,that I called Vincent).
When you go into the photos section of the forum you will see a section in the header marked 'upload',click on this.A new window will open with a load of spaces on it with a browse button beside each space,click the browse button and select the location of your picture then select your picture and follow any other directions that appear and the tiltle of your pic will show in one of the spaces.Scroll down the screen and you will see an upload button and then just follow the rest of the instructions.Other replies may be better..John

ossie

VOC Member
photo

it took me a while but i cracked it,but i must now remember the process.
short memory span and all that.

daveinnola

Non-VOC Member
hi as a new person on this site i got a couple of things to say that might be of help first scan them at the highest resolution you can , it takes time but it helps , most modern scanners have some kind of software that will realy help , scan them a couple of times in different modes , and see which looks the best to you , all scanners have different names for the treatments they do ie greyscale might work great on one scanner or auto contrast on another , or levels on another , the trick is never try to print anything , once you have found a picture that looks great to you and you want a print , stop ! put it on a cd , you can put 700 pictures on a cd , then take your uneducated butt to a camera shop / wall mart or any other superstore supermarket thats around , and give them your cd they will download the cd and show you what the print is going to look like if you like it give them the nod , as for pictures published on this site there are two kinds , modern and old , the modern are real clear and the color is great , then you always have the proud owner cluttering the background , ect ect , great your black prince was the last off the line , but all of the modern clutter around it spoils the picture , other other side is old pictures instermatic / semi pro , both suffer from poor color / fading or weird color wash , a easy fix if you have photoshop i have it and i will only be to happy to fix stuff free

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
Photos Spoilt on Web Site

Is there a good [or even a bad] reason for disfiguring excellent photos by adding the VOC logo/badge?

daveinnola

Non-VOC Member
off the logos

there might be a reason to put them on there? but watermarks are like padlocks they only keep honest people out , i guess it must be the guy they pay to do the site selling bells and lights , watermarks can be removed with simple software , or with photoshop which i like because it makes me look at the picture more , but the bottom line is watermarks are like grafitti , if you want the world to see your pictures you put them online , if sombody takes them and puts them on other sites and more people see them , great , i,ll give you a point in fact put dj norton into your search engine , and you will find a site that is a collection of pictures a guys deceased dad took with a good camera and a good eye of british rail from 1949 to 1963 , some of the pictures are stunning , i took one and put it on flicker and 56 people viewed it in a day more people viewed it in a day than visted his site , and he aint got water marks , :cool:now with the vincent people being so close knit (no joke,s please) would they support a book with stolen pictures? ...... no so thats the only way of making any kind of money , so why watermarks ? lol dave

G

Graham Smith

Dave (daveinnola)

The point is - the people who post these images on our site, give the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club their permission to use these images in any way we see fit in furtherance of the Club's interests. They don't give that permission to you, me personally, or Jo Bloggs down the road. If you feel the need to download these images (for whatever purpose you have in mind), then re-touch out our Club logo, then that's up to you. I hope it takes you lots of time.

A more sensible thing to do would be to contact the person who took the photograph, and ask them to send you the high-resolution version. After all, they are the one that holds the copyright.

Now, in a previous post, you stated that:
theres not one picture i would steal from this site
If that is the case, I don't understand why you're so against the VOC putting a watermark over an image that has been supplied by one of our Members.

If and when you join the VOC, please feel free to ask your Section Organiser to bring this matter up at the next General Committee Meeting.