Photos of cams.

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have several camshafts with no numbers stamped on, from the 70s/80s. I have no idea what Mk they are. Has anyone got photos of Mk1, 2 and 3 cam profiles that I can use to guesstimate what Mks I've got?

H

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I would think that MK1 & MK3 cams look very similar to the eye. Sorry, no "help" other than that.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Howard, Can't seem to get a photo on today, The mk2 is 30mm from base circle to point, mk1 is 29mm, +- a nats !! The mk2 has a seeable flat on the closing side, The mk1 looks pointy Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 96

Howard

VOC Member
That's a big differennce. Looks like my Mk 2s have gone AWOL, and the difference in mine is just the quietening ramps on the Mk3s........ Unless......... I wonder if they're in the Egli....................terrible thing this ageing!!

H

Hello Howard, Can't seem to get a photo on today, The mk2 is 30mm from base circle to point, mk1 is 29mm, +- a nats !! The mk2 has a seeable flat on the closing side, The mk1 looks pointy Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes, Sorry Howard, I didn't think it would show as bad as that, But it was the shape i was after, Cheers Bill.

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks Bill, Probably best if I don't find hot cams, I'm about to start taking my Comet apart for a look inside and tidy up, and I'm trying to resist tweaking it.

I've also discovered where my racing Comet has been hiding, maybe the new owner will let me borrow it for the vintage track day next year.

H

Yes, Sorry Howard, I didn't think it would show as bad as that, But it was the shape i was after, Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Thanks Bill, Probably best if I don't find hot cams, I'm about to start taking my Comet apart for a look inside and tidy up, and I'm trying to resist tweaking it.

I've also discovered where my racing Comet has been hiding, maybe the new owner will let me borrow it for the vintage track day next year.

H

The Vintage track day? it wont be Mallory thats for sure....