Photos in Photos section

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Redbloke, I see where you're coming from, the idea is to protect the work of the photog. If the powers to be (the moderators) paid just a little more attention to the content, maybe the lazy s o b's could move the logo so we could appreciate the intended enlightenment!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I believe the Terms of Use assign the copyright to the VOC and the automatically-applied logo is the method to discourage re-use of the images without permission. There should be a way to accomplish that without obscuring the reason the images were posted in the first place. That would require a manual action by our hard-working volunteers, though. Maybe the moderators could have the rights to relocate the logo?

Albervin

VOC Member
It may be possible to make the watermark a bit translucent so more detail can be seen. I agree that in some cases the detail the post is trying to convey is sometimes masked by the logo. Maybe those with the skills to do this can comment. Regards Roy's comment; I am neither lazy nor an SOB. I take offence at your post and note it is not the first time you have made derogatory comments on this forum. I will be asking fellow moderators and the administrator whether any action should be taken.

G

Graham Smith

http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/photos/showphoto.php?photo=9676

Is it Imperative that all submitted photos have the VOC logo across them? particularly when the photos, as above, are for technical comparison. The Logo has, in this case, rendered them almost useless!!
Unless (he asks sheepishly: is there a way to view them without Logo?)

Kevin

Hi Kevin.

I've only just seen this post, as I spent most of yesterday doing MPH.

It is possible to post photos onto the forum without the watermark, but unfortunately, it's something that has to be done by on the admin side of things, so not that easy in reality.

If you email the photo over to me, I'll gladly post it on without the watermark (much easier to do!).

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.