Photo's - Herts and Beds Rally, Sidecar Section, Series A - Sunday 29th June 2008

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here's a link to one of 70 odd photo's I've uploaded from the Herts and Beds Rally combined with Sidecar Section and Series A gathering today at Caddington on the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire border - a lovely day in super sunshine with a great B-B-Q.

Thanks to Ray and the team for all the organisation for a super day (and weekend I am sure).

http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1871

Regards

Stuart

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
New thread, but I can't easily find how to start one, even if I once did.......

I sent some information on "my" steering damper mountings to G Gibbons at his personal (btinternet) email address. Can he confirm (or not) that he received them?

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Tom - here's the "click" route...

Hi Tom,

If you click "Forums" on your toolbar, then scroll down and choose the one you want and click to select.

Then the list of threads will be displayed from that Forum - but top left of the thread list is a little box "New Thread" - click in there and away you go.

I've posted you a seperate thread on "Calling G. Gibbons".

Regards

Stuart

I sent some information on "my" steering damper mountings to G Gibbons at his personal (btinternet) email address. Can he confirm (or not) that he received them?

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Thanks, Stuart

If fish had ever risen as eagerly to my casts as you guys rise to a query, I'd be in the final of the Wimbledon Flyfishing All-England (except for Andy Murray) Tournament by now. I was going to be very disappointed if my suppressed cry for help wasn't picked up. But I didn't expect to be, and I wasn't!
Thanks, Stuart.
Took "the Bookie's Shadow" to Applecross Friday, back Saturday. It has taken a long time to get it right, but by christ, it's right now, and it was flying. Take this Big Sid tip: take the inner spring out of one front spring box. Are we talking supple suspension here? Are we talking the improvement in grip that having the front tyre in contact with the road most of the time makes? Damn right we are.
Hi Tom,

If you click "Forums" on your toolbar, then scroll down and choose the one you want and click to select.

Then the list of threads will be displayed from that Forum - but top left of the thread list is a little box "New Thread" - click in there and away you go.

I've posted you a seperate thread on "Calling G. Gibbons".

Regards

Stuart

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Photos

Chris and I are in the last photo.:)
Pressing buttons on the Garmin just before we left.It was about midday and we had a lot of miles to do.400 on the clock, that's there and back.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I've got two or three more of you if you'd like them...

Hi Tracey

I think I have two or three more shots of you preparing to leave if you'd like me to e-mail them. Your bike sounded lovely too. (Unlike mine which is still running rich on the front pot and takes a mile to clear itself on starting).

Cheers

Stuart

Chris and I are in the last photo.:)
Pressing buttons on the Garmin just before we left.It was about midday and we had a lot of miles to do.400 on the clock, that's there and back.

G

Graham Smith

I had a good run there.

Unfortunately my fuel tank must have developed a leak, and I ran out of petrol between junctions 3 and 4 on the M25 on the way home.

Remarkably, the leak seems to have cured itself now!

nkt267

VOC Member
Sorry about that Graham.I was a bit low on petrol and thought you wouldn't mind lending me a bit;).John

deejay499

VOC Member
Hi all. This was our first Herts & Beds rally and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We got the Shadow outfit out to get the camping gear in and was very pleased to see 7 outfits on the field over night with 2 more arrivals on sunday. I think the `A` and sidecar meets were a success and would be happy to continue with the meet at the rally. Thanks goes to Ray and Margaret and all the helpers, I thought it was well organised and especially liked the dinner saturday evening. This was ride No.42 this year. Looks like 60 will be easy!! ;)Tara.