Photo Help Photograph Identification

G

Graham Smith

Some time ago I was given two HUGE bags of miscellaneous photographs to publish on our forum website.

Now I’ve finally found a bit of time to go through them.

I have no idea of their origin, but they clearly go back many years, and the person who gave them to me has had a go at identifying some of the people and places.

I’m going to try and post one photo per day, so going forward, if you see someone or something you recognise, please comment in the usual way so future generations have the information in years to come.

Phil Davies

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
"I too find it a pleasure to see what people look like that I have dealt with."
Or with the passing of anno domini - 'I too find it a pleasure to see what people USED to look like....'
I believe that only Bill Thomas still looks as youthful as he used to - isn't that so Bill?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
No Phil, Gone down hill fast,
A lot of teeth missing Look like a MAD person,
Can't be bothered with False teeth,
Put on a few pounds and can't get into my old leathers !.
The wife hates me and I would not want to get involved again,
Hair getting thinner by the day,
In fact I am Feked !! :) ,
But lucky to have got to 75, Never thought I would.

Look after yourself Mate, Cheers Bill.

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
In fact I am Feked !! :) ,
But lucky to have got to 75, Never thought I would.
Look after yourself Mate, Cheers Bill.
What, you mean you're not related to Peter Pan!! oh dear.
Personally I never thought I would get past 55, never mind retirement age.
"Look after yourself" - I would if I could, but a recent diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease (als) has put paid to all of my future riding and long term post retirement projects - going to be having a clearout very shortly to avoid giving the problem of vultures to Pauline within a couple of years.
Make the best of what time you have Mate - I am!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Sorry to hear that Phil,
I have just spent 2 years putting the right engine in the right frame ,
Just in case !,
Got to get out on the Special !, Soon as it cools off .
Cheers Bill.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Phil, your post stopped me in my tracks, and made me think how very fortunate some of us truly are, probably without even realising it, or giving it a second thought, it is an unpalatable fact that we all have to face our own mortality at some point. Your last sentence " Make the best of what time you have" is so true, and poignant. Thanks for giving me/us a nudge in making us realise how lucky we are.

Best Wishes

Peter Holmes

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Some time ago I was given two HUGE bags of miscellaneous photographs to publish on our forum website.

Now I’ve finally found a bit of time to go through them.

I have no idea of their origin, but they clearly go back many years, and the person who gave them to me has had a go at identifying some of the people and places.

I’m going to try and post one photo per day, so going forward, if you see someone or something you recognise, please comment in the usual way so future generations have the information in years to come.
Graham,
any with a UK vehicle registration mark showing I'll be interested in.
Cheers
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher