Photo Forum

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The continuing saga

Right!! I loaded 1 photo and painted the garage door and the facias,(2 hours)still got a blank screen with 'DONE' in the bottom tool bar.
I dug out my old lap top and tried using that and got the same result.I'm going over to my mates house later and will try from his computer,if that doesn't work then the forum is no longer in love with me and i will take rejection like a man(cry and blame the wife!):D

Last edited:

vince998

VOC Member
uploading photos

Strange that it worked with the videos though.How long did you have to wait for each video to upload?

nkt267

VOC Member
photo upload

the video's only took 2-3 minutes once i got to the second screen to upload them.I've tried videos again just to see if there is something wrong with my pics but they won't load either.Also strange that using a different computer makes no difference.This all seems to be after I was trying to attach 2 files to a posting and found that the files were too big to attach.Maybe the systems locked me out in a fit of pique.:rolleyes:

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Just a thought

just had a thought with regard to you're problems.

In some cases your ISP (internet providor) will look at your internet useage, then throttle back your internet connection if it thinks you are trying to spend to much time or to much data through your connection. This may be happening to you, and your ISP is not telling you:mad:

I would sudgest checking your internet account through your ISP's web page to see what your account actually allows.

Regards
Neil

nkt267

VOC Member
Good point, but if I use someone else's computer on a different server then surely this wouldn't apply.

nkt267

VOC Member
I still have photos waiting in my 'upload queue' that i cant access to upload.I have tried a different computer on a different server anyone any more ideas.John

G

Graham Smith

John

I have cleared the offending files out from your upload folder, and have uploaded them on your behalf and associated them to your name.

They are now in the "Uncategorised: 2007" folder, so you'll need to move them from there and put them into a more suitable category.

The reason they got 'stuck' is because the two images that were scanned, were incredibly large (no need for files to be this size - I have re-sampled them down to 72dpi), and also they were Greyscale JPEGs rather than RGB JPEGs.

Regards

nkt267

VOC Member
Photo's

Many thanks Graham I was hoping that it would be something simple.Speaking of which I must remember that you don't use the copy bar as well as the change category bar when recategorising:eek: John