Photo Help Photo 0071 - Do You Recognise Someone or Something?

G

Graham Smith

If you recognise someone or something in this photograph, please comment below…

img-220727145720-0004.jpg

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Jack Furness and Alf Searle, what a great photo, I went there many times, their establishment was like a little secret only a few of us shared, it seemed that way to me anyway, I don't think I ever saw an advert for their business anywhere, it was a word of mouth business, really nice guys to deal with, so much factory knowledge and skills. I visited there one day to get something done, I can't recall what or when, and they announced it would probably be my last visit there due to their retirement, I said "oh no, you can't, what are us Vincent owners going to do, where are we going to go to get stuff done" they said we can't work forever, we are getting on a bit, we are retiring, totally understandable, but a sad day none the less, I can still see Jack clouting a pair of flywheels with a bloody heavy lead hammer, and shifting the flywheels by just the right amount, you can't really teach that!

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Alf to the left, Jack to the right. Outside, what seemed at the time to be the smallest of workshop rooms.
Outside loo, [complete with doorbell-to make Doug Hollis jump whilst upon the throne. So they told me.]
I went many times gathering bits.
"Oh, that's one of the Victor's we're working on and on that bottom shelf is a Lightning that came back from Poland we think?"
Happy days.
delboy.