Phillip Island Classic

grahamsharrock

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I went to Phillip Island by myself this year as Chloe decided she would rather go to the beach with her friends. As kids get older friends become more important than hanging out with dad at the bike races. But I had a great time anyway.

The crowd size was way up on last year, more race entries and bigger teams from overseas. Great to see TT racers John McGuinness, Cam Donald, Gary Johnson racing hard. Great racing in all the classes. Glad I went Sunday as Saturday had a lot of stoppages for oil on the track.

Took a heap of photos, none of racing as I still haven’t gotten around to upgrading the camera. A few Vincent's to be seen around the track with lots of CB750's and Z900's coming out for the day.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108725580544790622790/PhillipIslandClassic26011402

The Aussies came out on top in the International Challenge teams event again, with a draw in the rider standings between Jeremy McWilliams and Shawn Giles. Cam Donald had it all sown up until an DNF in the final race.

An excellent event, can’t wait until next Year.

Graham

davidd

VOC Member
Graham,

Thanks for the photos. I see you have photos of Red Molly, the sidecar racer owned by Pete and Denise Talabach from the U.S. Did you get to talk to them?

David

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Hi David

Unfortunately I didn't. There was work being done to it when I was there so I didn't interrupt them. Sounded great on the track. The US team this was twice the size of last years. Will we see you out here racing some time?

Graham

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Is the engine of the JMR Norvin higher than normal? Also the oil line setup on the Irving Vincent looks very special!

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
The Irving Vincent runs an external oil pump in the mag drive with electronic ignition driven off the back of the pump.
The engine in the JMR Norvin does look higher but that might be the angle of the photo. Anybody know for sure?