Phill Irving Autobiography / Biography

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As a new Dad, and probably not thinking too clearly I named my son Irving (second name only - at wife's request). Not being into "old" bikes he occasionally asks why? I had a thought that Phil Irving's autobiography would be a good stocking filler this Christmas, to answer his questions................ Phew!! £265 second hand !! Does anyone know of a supply at a more "stocking filler" price?

H

Albervin

VOC Member
Is that the hardback or soft cover version? A hardback edition just sold on Australian e-bay for AUD$1025 (about £680). My copy is signed by Edith Irving as it was impossible to get PEI to sign one (he had passed away by the time the book was published).

Howard

VOC Member
I haven't a clue Alyn, I had this strange thought that I might have to go as high as £50, so when I saw the price I lost interest. I should have bought it when I got Tuning for Speed, Black Smoke et al, they seem to be selling for silly prices too.

H

Is that the hardback or soft cover version? A hardback edition just sold on Australian e-bay for AUD$1025 (about £680). My copy is signed by Edith Irving as it was impossible to get PEI to sign one (he had passed away by the time the book was published).

gmax137

Forum User
VOC Member
Who owns the rights to the book? Any chance the VOC could get another printing done? I too wish I had bought a copy back when they were available. If I recall correctly, they were priced around 50 US$ back then (which I couldn't afford at the time...)

Albervin

VOC Member
The publisher was Turton and Armstrong in Sydney, Australia. I guess they still own the copyright unless since sold.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Matthews 5 month old sons name is Vincent . Someone had to do it . Sid .

Jack Shaw bought a Vincent new in '53, still has it, first born's name is Vincent, now well into his 40's. Also Tony Cording's first born, named Vincent, and I'm sure many others around the world. Someone has already done it.