Phil Irvings Sidecar. Really?

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Did these sidecars have chassis and body numbers? I think anyone who asserts they have PEI's chair needs real proof not just say so. The office of fair trading in Australia has strict rules and penalties when it comes to asserting provenance. Several art galleries and auction houses have been on the receiving end of their power...

bmetcalf

VOC Member
The listing quotes David Bowen, maybe he will comment on this.

PEI could have had more than one after returning to Oz. I didn't buy his Autobiography when it came out to read it and see if there are any clues there.

Albervin

VOC Member
Bruce, I think PEI brought a Rapide and chair back to Australia when he left the UK. It was indeed a Blacknell Bullet. The combination was broken up and the Rapide is now an Indian Vincent in Melbourne.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
About 3 years ago I was offered a twin, reputedly built by "some old geezer" who lived in Horndon-on -The hill! As there was no provenance I did not get involved. The machine is still in the same barn, no, I will not say where, As one day the papers may miraculously appear! Having said that, George Brough's own machine was a dissapointment at a sale 2 years ago.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
I picked up a ¼ inch bolt from the driveway at “Owls Rest” think I’ll build either a Repco Brabham engine or a Vincent. The bolt MUST have belonged to PEI;-)