Peter and Grahams Arctic Trip

Shadowman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Over 1000 hits on our web site!

Thanks Stuart for your kind words. You and the others visiting our web site are giving great support.
We are now in mid Finland and I've returned to my room after trying to fish the kick start spring out of my gearbox with a magnet tied to the end of my spare clutch cable.
It didn't work. The kick start is not going all the way down and I can't see were the spring has gone, so I guess it must be stuck under the ratchet. Doh
I think I'll ease the end cover off the gear box a bit and hope it comes free enough to hook it out with my magnet. Failing that the exhaust has to come off again.

Regards
Peter Sprot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arctic_circle_bike_trip/

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Any chance I can book you for a picture show and talk to a couple of Sections

Hi Peter,

How about having you do a picture show and talk about your adventures when you get back - we could combine a couple of Sections down here in Buckinghamshire/Berkshire and get the numbers up - I'm sure people would find it very interesting?

Stuart

PS As a matter of interest how are you dealing with IT on the move - have you a laptop with you on the bike?

Shadowman

VOC Member
IT on the move (From Helsinki Finland)

Graham has a laptop which we share. He has hard luggage on his posh BMW. Mine is soft and dirty.

Our web site was set up at the suggestion of a friend who said it is a way for friends and family to keep in contact. We never thought it would catch on with others. Don't mind though, makes us feel like minor celebrities. Ha
Took some great pictures today after two hours in the hotel car park with the gearbox case off pulling out bits of spring. I'll post somthing about it later. I need a drink right now!
I'll attach one of the photos from today. I havn't seen them myself yet.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 50