Pete and Denise Talabach and their side car racer

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Pete is a great fabricator. He does my dyno work. These are shots of Red Molly, their side car racer at Barber:

Talabach_PB_1.jpg

Talabach_PB_2.jpg

Talabach_PB_3.jpg

David

timetraveller

VOC Member
OK I admit defeat. What is the tank at the front of the chair for? They have a fuel tank under the platform and it is too low to be a header tank for the fuel.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I guess you are correct. What fooled me was the small diameter of the top pipe but if that is just a breather then the other two pipes are probably feed and return. Thanks.

vibrac

VOC Member
Anyone got a good picture of Thommos 4 valve head Vincent outfit either with the very fast 600 single or the twin engine?
he has ruffeled the feathers at some BHRC meetings last season
Great stuff!

deejay499

VOC Member
Met Peter and Denise at the Vermont N.A. Rally. The outfit was just finished and unpainted. Looks really good now.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Their latest one has, and about 186 horsepower from 1600 cc's @ 6800 rpm and 142 ft/ lb's of torque from what i've read, hopefully I should be seeing it this coming weekend at the Philip Island classic, along with a huge lineup of top machinery.....I think Agostini will be there as well, riding an MV of course, after the event i'll try and load up some photo's for you all......Cheers.....Greg.

davidd

VOC Member
I have raced with USCRA, as has Carleton Palmer, which is a New Hampshire based racing organization. They are quite strong in sidecar racing and a small group recently went to Phillips Island to race (2014). Pete and Denise brought their Vincent side car "Red Molly" and Bob Demetrius bought his Ducati and BMW side car bikes and Dave Roper brought his Harley 350cc. I believe there are some photos in this video from the event:

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes the visual impact of sidecar racing especially the big wheel vs morgan of the BHR is the most gripping racing you will ever see.
Puts Formula 1,Moto GP and (dare I say it?) Daytona into the long grass.
You are hearby requested not to tell the popular media, let them stick to ball games.