Personal Messages

G

Graham Smith

If anyone receives a message like the one at the bottom of this post, please report it to either me (Graham) or BlackLightning998 (Stuart).

Someone recently joined as a new member on this forum and sent a 'spam' message to one of our other 'real' members.

As soon as we're informed about this sort of activity, we can 'ban' the user from using the forum again. However, they can of course just re-register under a different name.

If we spot there's a pattern of IP addresses, we can just ban an entire range of IP addresses.

The message sent was as follows (thanks for the information David)...

--------------

Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives." - Louise Hay---Stephaniehttp://www.psend.com/users/james2

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dare I ask where the link went to?

Just a tip for anyone who doesn't know yet. Sometime ago I received an email from Jane (don't remember actual name) at university in California who wanted to be my friend. At the bottom of the email it said if you don't want anymore emails like this, click on the link below. Like an idiot I clicked on the link and guess what....I was inundated with junk mail. Clicking the box told them mine was a valid email address apparently.

H

ps does everyone get spam emails for Viagara and penis enlargement gadgets, or has my wife given them my email address?

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My ISP spam filter takes out the majority of these illcite e-mails by allowing you to exclude any message with key words ie: watches, bigger, enlargment, bigboy, erect and so on. It works 90% of the time otherwise they were meant for the wife "god knows why" iv'e never had any complaints.:D