Periodical Technical Inspections PTI

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not really related to the thread but the description on my Black Knight V5 is
Rigid Bodied two axle Motorcycle. It didn't seem that far out so I didn't complain.

Cheers,

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
before commenting, what has happened to stop page 2 of comments appearing on my system? am i the only one, or have more of you found this?- only pages 1 and 3 currently available.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Only 1 & 3 appear in the lower right hand corner, but if you click on the triangle pointed to the left just beside the numbers, it should take you to p. 2.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
as a rule, most new "regulations " are NOT retrospective , any new machine tests will have to be carried out by your freindly local mot tester. as this is the only system presently available to the b'stards who come up with this "rubbish" i reckon the best advice to be, nil desperandum! or break the habit of a life time = takl to the M A G

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
You see thats what I was saying and is just one of the things that will come with that PTI. it WILL affect Vincents we should never stop defending all moves that affect all motorcycles its no good saying "We have Vincents it wont affect us"
Incidentally all the years I changed back and forth between trials sidecar and solos I never needed to do anything with the V5 or the MOT the MOT's I have re-read them all and it never mentions the sidecar and as for the v5 description the best I have is "2 wheeled articulated vehicle" Finally when stuck and calling the Aa or RAc (use little letters they are no longer clubs or associations just comercial firms) dont say "my motorcycle and sidecar" say "trike" otherwise the call center operatives who have not got a box to tick on their screens will do the obvious and you will get a van for a solo I know and I know otheres who have suffered as well it can be a long night....

Hi everyone,

I have concluded that the old boy who registered my Comet outfit three years ago and who remembered AA and RAC outfits and mums and dads going to the seaside with Busmars and Sherwoods, along with the Dragon Rally, etc., has been retired and that the yufful staff at the DVLA are only familiar with Billy Connolly with his trike on TV and have no idea what a ' motorcycle combination' is. Do they not watch old movies on TV like 'Where Eagles Dare', etc., anymore? Is it only Peter Holmes and myself who remember Fred Wessell, motor cycle dealer in Wealdstone, who had two ex Wermacht BMW outfits parked outside his shop and was frequently employed by Pinewood and Elstree to pilot them in Brit War films of the sixties?