Perfidious Albion

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well I sorted the clutch push rod some months ago and as I have a hill climb in a week or so, I dragged the Flash out, fitted my billet silencer, bulb horn and numberplate, added some Esso supreem, drained the R from the sump and started her on my rollers, clutch works fine she started easily after almost a year. A qick blat round the local lanes and she is ready to go.
I was on such a roll I dragged the Scott out and after the normal procedures that started as well! jeezz a bit too much good news.....

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
UPDATE
I have stripped the box and on the layshaft starting at the drive end I have 21 24 26 28 which using the table supplied by David gives me a No 3 box
to make it a No 5 box I shall need a 29/19 (some hope!) I note a 'standard box' is 30/18 which if I have got things the right way round is a little lower at 2.78 than the No5 at 2.13*. So now I shall raid my store of Albion boxes and strip one down to see if its any good (I will be getting good at working on these boxes soon...)

* That wont be too bad because of the stupid chicanes they have added to the UK circuits to slow down the super bikes which the ACU in its 'wisdom' force us to keep for reasons unknown to man for Historic racing as well.
The reason for chicanes is to show St John’s Ambulance Brigade where to place their vehicles.