Phil Irving on sidevalves in Australian Motorcycle News 1975

Attachments

• Aust-Motor-Ccycle-News-Sept-75-Phil-Irving.jpg
    Aust-Motor-Ccycle-News-Sept-75-Phil-Irving.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 77

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
When I was a spotty lad flogging an MSS Velo. around my mate's orchard I would go home and have very disturbing dreams about the KR 750 Harley. "Black Smoke" chapter 9 has an article in similar vein. The KR 750 is still the only post-war Hoggly I have any respect for: but then, I'm so bigoted I wouldn't hear both sides of a record!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
How do you enlarge it enough to be able to read it? Do you have a higher resolution file that you could download on the Forum?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Right click on the image, then click on Save As and save it to your PEI folder. Then open it, should be in Windows Photo Gallery and then click on Open, MicroSoft Office Picture Manager and then enlarge it. I'll download it to the Forum which should make it easier for all and less infernal clicking.

Added: With the download, you still have to click on Open, MicroSoft Office Picture Manager and then enlarge it.

Last edited:

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks Chris, a very interesting article, made me think I may have been unfair in my view of the sidevalve, but PEIs conclusion is even more relevant today - no one would buy a sidevalve engine, so no one will make one.

H

Last edited: