pd10-fit in cases?

1660bob

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All, I purchased the later `D`primary drive tensioner assembly for my series C Shadow,as my bike was a basket case, and the tensioner that came was clapped with PD10 "chain tensioner end abutment" missing.

Offering up the new PD10 to the cases it is a VERY sloppy fit. The casing holes as best as i can measure them are .455-458" in both the crankcase and pri. drive cover, but the PD10 is only .436" (7/16") .Its like the proverbial in a shirt sleeve!
is this normal? I don`t suppose it can go far when the casings are together, but possibly rattle to and fro as the chain whips-is my PD10 too small diameter for a `C`?,are my cases got at ? what sort of fit should i expect here?
Cheers, Bob.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hi All, I purchased the later `D`primary drive tensioner assembly for my series C Shadow,as my bike was a basket case, and the tensioner that came was clapped with PD10 "chain tensioner end abutment" missing.

Offering up the new PD10 to the cases it is a VERY sloppy fit. The casing holes as best as i can measure them are .455-458" in both the crankcase and pri. drive cover, but the PD10 is only .436" (7/16") .Its like the proverbial in a shirt sleeve!
is this normal? I don`t suppose it can go far when the casings are together, but possibly rattle to and fro as the chain whips-is my PD10 too small diameter for a `C`?,are my cases got at ? what sort of fit should i expect here?
Cheers, Bob.
A good fit, and it`s no trouble to bush the holes.

John Cone

VOC Member
On my Prince it was a loose fit, i just went out and bought a piece of steel bar a size up machined it to fit and cut a fresh slot with a hacksaw. It should not be a tight, tight fit because although only minimally it has to pivot.

Last edited: