• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

pd10-fit in cases?

1660bob

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi All, I purchased the later `D`primary drive tensioner assembly for my series C Shadow,as my bike was a basket case, and the tensioner that came was clapped with PD10 "chain tensioner end abutment" missing.

Offering up the new PD10 to the cases it is a VERY sloppy fit. The casing holes as best as i can measure them are .455-458" in both the crankcase and pri. drive cover, but the PD10 is only .436" (7/16") .Its like the proverbial in a shirt sleeve!
is this normal? I don`t suppose it can go far when the casings are together, but possibly rattle to and fro as the chain whips-is my PD10 too small diameter for a `C`?,are my cases got at ? what sort of fit should i expect here?
Cheers, Bob.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hi All, I purchased the later `D`primary drive tensioner assembly for my series C Shadow,as my bike was a basket case, and the tensioner that came was clapped with PD10 "chain tensioner end abutment" missing.

Offering up the new PD10 to the cases it is a VERY sloppy fit. The casing holes as best as i can measure them are .455-458" in both the crankcase and pri. drive cover, but the PD10 is only .436" (7/16") .Its like the proverbial in a shirt sleeve!
is this normal? I don`t suppose it can go far when the casings are together, but possibly rattle to and fro as the chain whips-is my PD10 too small diameter for a `C`?,are my cases got at ? what sort of fit should i expect here?
Cheers, Bob.
A good fit, and it`s no trouble to bush the holes.

John Cone

VOC Member
On my Prince it was a loose fit, i just went out and bought a piece of steel bar a size up machined it to fit and cut a fresh slot with a hacksaw. It should not be a tight, tight fit because although only minimally it has to pivot.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.