PC Screen sizes

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone tell my why some of the forum pages can be read completley full screen and others fill the screen and behond leavng me to move the slide bar at the bottom of the screen to read them?

G

Graham Smith

Most of the forum pages should fit on most sizes of display.

The modules which run down the left and right of the home page are 225 pixels wide and the one in the middle are variable to suit your size of monitor.

My monitor is 24" wide.

Graham

Albervin

VOC Member
Most of the forum pages should fit on most sizes of display.

The modules which run down the left and right of the home page are 225 pixels wide and the one in the middle are variable to suit your size of monitor.

My monitor is 24" wide.

Graham
Trust you to have a BIG one!:rolleyes:

john998

VOC Member
Hello,
I have the same problem, to log off I have to scroll across. In my ignorance I can only think it is because my monitor is not wide screen format.

Regards John.

Albervin

VOC Member
Hello,
I have the same problem, to log off I have to scroll across. In my ignorance I can only think it is because my monitor is not wide screen format.

Regards John.
You need to change the resolution on your screen. I use 1680x1050 (pixels). As I have a Mac I cannot tell you how to change your PC but it should not be too difficult despite Windows being counter intuitive for most things.;)

G

Graham Smith

Alyn's right. You need to change the resolution of your monitor.

My laptop is set to 1440 x 900 pixels. I can't remember what my machine is set to in the office.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
For screen resolutions (and your browser window) over a certain minimum width, most threads will display without a horizontal scroll bar by automatically adjusting to your screen size. However, if a wide photo is posted in the thread, it may cause that thread to display wider than your screen/window, resulting in a horizontal scroll bar. For the size of the browser window I typically use, the 'state of disassembly' thread has a number of pages with photos that make that thread display wider than my window.

Last edited:

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Yes , it can be a little confusing for the non technical computer user.
Screen resolution is effectively the image size displayed by the monitor.
Resolution can be changed in the control panel in windows. Depending on the version of windows the button in control panel will be labeled display or Nvidia , Nvidia being the option in Vista onwards , well , I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nvidia in W98.
If you are having the problem of image exceeding the width of the screen then select a higher resolution , but note , on older , cathode ray tube monitors displaying a higher resolution than the monitor can cope with may damage it eventually. Flat screen / LCD / TFT monitors are not affected by resolution. Actually , if you are still using a CRT monitor , do yourself a favour and upgrade to an LCD type , they are pretty cheap now and you won't believe the improvement !!