Pazon under mag cover

BrianR

Forum User
VOC Member
I'm fitting a Pazon to my Rapide and would like to hide all the components under the magneto cover. There is plenty of room, but not many places to secure the parts. Also, the instructions point out the need to position the coil away from the pick-up and ECU. The alternate position for the ECU is under the battery tray, but this space is already occupied by the electronic voltage control. Pictures of a clean installatio under the mag cover would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Brian

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I "glued" mine on the pickup cover, but mine is a Surefire, most Vins apparently use the Smartfire, which I think is bigger.

There may be a problem if I have to send it back under warrantee at any time, and I'm sure someone will tell me I shouldn't have done it, but it's been fine for 2000 miles.

H

Last edited:

BrianR

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the reply. The glue idea may just be possible. I am using the Smartfire and although the space at the cover is too small, maybe I could screw a block on the cover then use glue. This would move it to a bigger space near the oil filter.

Howard

VOC Member
I'm not sure we're talking on the same lines, and I can't get a photo.

My setup has a distributor type body in place of the mag. The pickup is covered by an aluminium cover simillar to the cover on a spray can, and the ECU is glued on the flat part of this.

I use a piece of black covered 3 core cable (electric kettle cable) for ignition/coil wires, so it looks like HT lead leaving the mag cowl.

H

Sorry, I misread. I keep getting sure and smartfire mixed. If youre stuck for space, have you thought of glueing or bolting it to the inside of the mag cowl? I used to have 2 12V coils bolted to mine, so there ought to be room for an ECU in there.

H

Last edited:

notap

Non-VOC Member
Does this help? It seems to have worked, though you do need to drill two holes in the cowl (i guess you could block the inside of the cowl with wood glued to the spot and then drill into that to avoid the two holes. *All the best. Rob

View attachment 1075

notap

Non-VOC Member
ooops here is another photo. *Rob

3.jpg

van drenth

VOC Member
Pazon

I'm fitting a Pazon to my Rapide and would like to hide all the components under the magneto cover. There is plenty of room, but not many places to secure the parts. Also, the instructions point out the need to position the coil away from the pick-up and ECU. The alternate position for the ECU is under the battery tray, but this space is already occupied by the electronic voltage control. Pictures of a clean installatio under the mag cover would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Brian

Send me your e mail adress and i will send you all info and pictures how to do, i did it myself.
Regrds, van Drenth JC

BrianR

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the photo Rob. Have you covered many miles? I've been warned that the heat under the cowl may damage the control box and/or coil. Thanks, Brian