Passenger comfort !

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This is how I made the seat on my B fully sprung:
fullysprung.jpg

Am I missing something? wouldn't it make it possible for the rear guard to hit the seat on a big bump?

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
It's no different in principle to the Series D setup - there is more clearance than with the standard B/C setup to allow for maximum rear wheel travel.
TEV140GARDEN2002.jpg

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
It's no different in principle to the Series D setup - there is more clearance than with the standard B/C setup to allow for maximum rear wheel travel.
TEV140GARDEN2002.jpg
WOW....what an amazing looking Vincent...obviously a lot of blood, sweat and tears gone into such a masterpiece. Well done !!!!

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for your kind comments, but the bike has evolved a bit since that picture !! Thought I'd never own a Series A Rapide, so ..................
TEV140TSIDE.jpg

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for your kind comments, but the bike has evolved a bit since that picture !! Thought I'd never own a Series A Rapide, so ..................
TEV140TSIDE.jpg
Another spectacular example of the Marque, thanks very much for the photo!! With the current prices I doubt if I will ever own a twin so am truly jealous. Well done.
Was it in that condition when you bought it?

Kevin

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
It's the same B Rapide as in the earlier photo - I decided to re-model it to look like a 'missing prototype' halfway between an A and B !!
1943TAXDISC.jpg