Parts needed for 1949 HRD Rapide ... PLEASE?

Phil Baker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Good morning all .... before I place an order with one of our friendly parts suppliers I thought I'd just ask if anyone has any of the following bits in good nick :

G94SSClutch abutment
C24/1S Bonded steel clutch plate 5 ear
A50AS Petrol T piece
G93 Clutch Lever Plunger
G95 Pin
G100 Blanking plug
G98SS Kickstart stop sleeve
G92 Kickstart stop spring
G97 Kickstart stop plunger
FT107 Pillion footrest spacer
F51/4 L/H footrest spacer
FT84SS Pillion footrest long pivot bolt x 2
All the oil feed and return metal pipes and banjos (I have the ones that connect the heads)
A22SSD Banjo bolt short with drain bolt
A22SS Banjo bolt short x 2
ET27/1AS SS Clutch adjuster
ET45/1SS Clutch adjuster nut
FT179 Brampton 3" speedo bracket
FT101SS Brake pedal anchor bolt
FT103SS Brake pedal stop anchor

Hope to hear from someone ... anyone?!

Phil (was the Comet, now the Rapide) Baker

Albervin

VOC Member
If you want a quality rebuild or restoration then use new parts. The alternative will be that nothing fits. Any part that moves will wear and so I can see only 5 or 6 parts in your list that may be suitable providing ALL threads are in excellent condition. Sometimes a dollar saved is five dollars (or fifty dollars) wasted. Trust me, I learned the hard way. If a new part doesn't fit then you can legally send it back for a replacement or refund. Can't do that with a second hand part.

Phil Baker

Non-VOC Member
Yes I agree about threads etc .... it was really the things like the Brampton speedo bracket, the oil pipes, the F51/4 LH footrest spacer and the A50/AS that I hoped to acquire...

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I agree with Albervin 100%... We are blessed with several parts suppliers, all of whom posses a wealth of knowledge..select one, send them the list of parts required and a credit card number...doing it right the first time will yield untold benefits

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
When I took my bike to Mike White some years ago - at the good advice of Phil Mahood, Mike's first task was to give me a list of required parts. I phoned Ron Kemp, ordered all of the bits, delivered them to Mike and shortly thereafter fetched my bike. We are truly blessed by having really nice, knowleadgeable folks as suppliers, who supply us with parts that in most cases are superior to originals..If we were all to consign our bikes to museums, or the living rooms of investors they would all quietly fold..

Ride, enjoy, wear out, rejuvenate, repeat ad nauseum.