Parting Out Vinny Long Legs

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Quite right it is his to do as he pleases. As you say it is a shame that the museums didn't accept it when offered. £155.37 is what it sold for. I had a bid in on it as a local member quite generously offered to pick it up for me and arrange shipping etc.. I thought it a bit to rich for my blood when it went over the equivalent of $200.00. Come to find out the Mrs. was prepared to let me got to $250.00 and $200.00 for shipping. You live you learn. I hope who ever got it enjoys it and appreciates it for the significant piece of history that it is. If a club member won the auction for it so much the better, let's here from them and see it on a bike again or properly displayed.

Steven

Have to hold up my hand and admit to buying it. My plan in the future is to do some long distance trials and rally's. Although I admit it is cosmetically challenged I thought it would be appropriate and perhaps fitting for the job.

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good to read that it stayed within the club and will be used as intended. Hopefully you'll post a photo or two once you've got it all set up.
Best Regards
Steven

RAT 124

Forum User
VOC Member
I fired up my Egli today and called in on Stuart. He was 85 last week. As Stuart has no computer I gave him a copy of this thread about the fairing.
Stuart told me how he obtained two mini wings and used these in the construction of a mould for the fairing.
I passed on the sad news about Frank Willerton and that the York section are determined to give Frank a good send off.

Stewart

Jerry161

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I fired up my Egli today and called in on Stuart. He was 85 last week. As Stuart has no computer I gave him a copy of this thread about the fairing.
Stuart told me how he obtained two mini wings and used these in the construction of a mould for the fairing.
I passed on the sad news about Frank Willerton and that the York section are determined to give Frank a good send off.
Stewart

Stuart Jenkinson and others have written several items referring to his bike and his tours.

All the readily available items and some rarer items have been added to the Files Section and Photos Section of the following web site.

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/veryoldbikes/info

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/veryoldbikes/files/Stuart C Jenkinson/

Joining and leaving that Group is cost free.

Apologies to those allergic to YAHOO Groups - Life is an incurable disease.